- our website www.thelistgroup.com.au (the Site) and any related website (including our social media page, internal website or mobile application) together, the Sites); and
- the licensing of databases containing personal information to The List Group by third party list providers.
(together, the Collection Sources)
Information we collect
In addition to the personal information outlined above, from time to time we may also request:
- information regarding your professional interests and your experience with our products or services or third party products or services; and
How we collect your personal information
Personal information may be collected where:
- you provide us with personal information either in person or via one of the Collection Sources;
- you provide personal information to legitimate third party sources including list owners, list brokers and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or where you have given consent for them to do so;
- sign-up and/or register to become a member of our Sites;
- subscribe to any newsletters, updates or information about our products or services; and
- complete and submit any forms to us.
How we use and disclose your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to provide information to you relating to the content available on the Sites and e-commerce transactions conducted via the Sites;
- to fulfil obligations in respect of any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between you and The List Group;
- to send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our Collection Sources;
- to provide you with information about your transactions, content, services and products, to provide direct marketing materials (including newsletters and e-newsletters), events, special offers, competitions and promotions in person and via any electronic medium;
- to maintain our relationship with you, respond to your enquiries and for complaint handling purposes; and
- for research and development (including recording statistical data for marketing analysis) to improve our products and services, system administration and Sites.
In order to operate the Sites or deliver our products and services, we may share your personal information with our related companies, selected service providers and promotional partners and other trusted third parties, including contractors (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas (discussed further below) to perform a variety of functions including but not limited to data storage, fulfilling orders, conducting market research, processing payments, assisting with promotions, sending direct marketing communications and providing technical services for our Sites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions.
We may disclose your personal information to certain overseas service providers (“Overseas Recipients”), including in the United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and The Philippines. While every effort is made to ensure data security and appropriate privacy practices are maintained by our service providers, we cannot guarantee that any such Overseas Recipients will comply fully with the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your personal information. By providing personal information to us, you acknowledge and consent to such disclosure to any such Overseas Recipient on these terms as permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles and agree not to hold us liable in this regard.
Our Sites use ‘cookies,’ which are small files that may be placed on your hard disk for record-keeping purposes. A cookie helps us remember who you are so that we can make your subsequent visits to the Sites simpler. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it, however, by not accepting cookies, some web pages on the Sites may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information. By using cookies, we cannot find out a name or e-mail address or anything about a user’s computer. We do not store or collect cookie information.
Cookies may also be embedded in third party advertisements on our Sites to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
IP addresses (the Internet address of a computer) are logged on the Sites to track a user’s session while the user remains anonymous. We analyse this data for certain trends and statistics, such as which parts of our Sites users are visiting and how long they spend there and use this for research or to improve our Sites and the services we offer. In general, we do not link your IP addresses to anything personally identifiable to you. In those limited cases where session information is not anonymous, we will provide notice of the practice and an opportunity to ‘opt out.
Our Collection Sources are neither intended for, nor directed to, persons under eighteen (18) years of age. We will not collect personal information from any person who we know to be under the age of eighteen (18) without the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
How we contact you
We may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of one of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
How you can access, correct and delete your personal information
You have the right to access, review and update your personal information that may be held by us on our database. Information may be accessed and amended by contacting our privacy officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 02 8064 7276
In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where we need to retain any personal information for legal reasons. If we delete your personal information, this may result in us being unable to facilitate or provide you with information regarding transactions, other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information.
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded, and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. In some cases these facilities may be overseas, including in United States, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and The Philippines There are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet and we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any personal information you submit to our Sites.
Links to other websites
Third party advertisements on our Sites are not recommendations or endorsements by us or any of our affiliates. We are not responsible for the content (including representations) of any third party advertisement on our Sites.
Complaints or questions
Address: The List Group PO BOX 1478 MANLY NSW 2095
Telephone: 02 8064 7276
Fax: 02 8064 7277
If you do not receive a satisfactory response from us within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via the contact details listed at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page